Wedding Card

  • Where your pictures come to life
    in photo books, cards and gifts.
  • Premium cards and stationery
    for all life's occasions.
  • Online photo and video equipment rental.
  • All your photos and videos organized in one place. Find, share, enjoy.

« previous | next »

Jason C.

In November, I wrecked my quad and broke my foot and found out that I needed surgery. I knew recovering would be a huge challenge, but my fiancée Lyndsie had been there for me every step of the way. When Lyndsie left for a mission trip, I realized how much I needed her there not just to help out with my broken foot but also to be with me for the rest of my life. While Lyndsie was still in Guatemala, I talked to her parents and they gave me permission to ask for her hand in marriage. That's when it all began.

When Lyndsie came home from her trip, I picked her up and told her that I had asked her parents' permission for her hand. I know that marriage proposal is supposed to be a surprise, but I was just so excited. We started ring shopping and found the perfect ring. The problem was that I still couldn't drive so I had to buy the ring with her there, but we agreed to leave it at the store. It worked out that the ring was done a day early and that I could go with her parents to get it. I lied to Lyndsie about who I was with and where I was going, but it was for a good cause. I had the ring and just needed to think of when and where to propose. She was anxious because she didn't know I had the ring and kept asking when I would propose.

I told her I would take her to Disneyland the weekend after the Super Bowl, where I was planning on proposing to her. Lyndsie's mom thought she would figure it out, and since I wanted it to be a surprise, I decided to do it the week before at the Super Bowl party her parents were having. I talked to my mom and invited them to come up for the party; this was going to be the first time they would meet. Lyndsie had no idea and kept bugging me about the ring

When the big day came, my biggest challenge was figuring out how I was going to get down on one knee, since I still had a broken foot. After practicing for about half an hour, I just figured that I would have to use Lyndsie as a crutch to help me down. At the party, I decided that I was going to do it during half-time. I told Lyndsie's mom to tell everyone to have their cameras ready because it was happening at half-time. Sorry Bruce Springsteen, but I had my own show to put on! Needless to say, I felt like I was going to faint.

When halftime finally came, I went with the ring in my back pocket to turn the television down. I hobbled over to Lyndsie, who was down on her knees talking to my mom. Everyone else knew what was happening and gathered behind me. I reached down for Lyndsie's hand and helped her up. I put my crutches down and gave her a big hug. I told her how much I loved her and how excited I was that our families could be together that day, all the while pulling the ring out of my pocket. I reached in her pocket, which to my surprise was full of green M&Ms. She said, "Would you like some? " I said, "Sure. " She shoved a handful in her mouth, chewed for a second and kissed me, pushing nasty chewed M&Ms all over my face. I started laughing, as gross as it may sound, because it was pretty hilarious at the time.

While trying to get down on one knee, which turned out more like a fall, I almost took Lyndsie down with me. I pulled out the ring that was hidden behind my back with green shells and chocolate all over my face. I humbly asked, "Lyndsie, will you marry me? " She only stopped laughing long enough to say, "Yes, but only if you go clean your face. " That's a day I'll never forget, and I couldn't be happier. Thank you green M&Ms and thank you Super Bowl!

Our brands: