Stamps, Calligraphy, Napkins, Matchbooks and Questions to Ask Your Stationery Company
Don't forget to budget stamps for response cards as well as for invitations!
Things To Consider: Don't order stamps until you have had the post office weigh your completed invitation. It may exceed the size and weight for one stamp. Order commemorative stamps that fit the occasion.
Calligraphy is a form of elegant handwriting often used to address invitations for formal occasions. Traditional wedding invitations should be addressed in black or blue fountain pen.
Options: You may address the invitations yourself, hire a professional calligrapher, or have your invitations addressed using calligraphy by computer. Make sure you use the same method or person to address both the inner and outer envelopes.
NAPKINS AND MATCHBOOKS
Napkins and matchbooks may also be ordered from your stationer. These are placed around the reception room as decorative items and mementos of the event.
Things To Consider: Napkins and matchbooks can be printed in your wedding colors or white with gold or silver lettering. Include both of your names and the wedding date. You may consider including a phrase or thought, or a small graphic design above your names.
QUESTIONS TO ASK STATIONER
- What is the name & phone number of the stationery provider?
- What is the address of the stationery provider?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- What lines of stationery do you carry?
- What types of printing process do you offer?
- How soon in advance does the order have to be placed?
- What is the turn around time?
- What is the cost of the desired invitation? Announcement?
- What is the cost of the desired response card? Reception card?
- What is the cost of the desired thank-you note?
- What is the cost of the desired party favors? cards?, Pew Cards?
- What is the cost of the desired wedding program?
- What is the cost of addressing the envelopes in calligraphy?
- What is your payment policy?
- What is your cancellation policy