Types of Wedding Stationary Paper
When you are looking to plan your special day, everything goes into the details. It all begins with the delivery of your wedding invitations. You want to show that you are excited and honored to be sharing in this special event and having the opportunity to share your life with someone as special as your future husband or wife to be. Therefore, you want to best that you can afford. There are many types of wedding stationery paper that you can choose depending on your theme and ideas for your wedding.
Here are a few of the commonly used wedding stationery paper you can find to use for your selected design. If you are opting to go with a pre-made option or using the services of a company, knowing the types of paper available and what they look like will enable you to make sure you order the right ones.
- Glassine is thin waxy paper that is best used for envelopes due to its shiny surface.
- You can also find and use handmade papers which are created from natural fibers such as cotton, plant fibers and hemp. These produce rough and uneven surfaces making them suitable for certain types of projects only.
- Made from newsprint or recycled papers, Industrial papers are more commonly used even if they have a more rugged surface.
- If you are looking for a paper that is screen printed and gives an illusion of layering such as with crochet or lace, than Jacquard is the type of wedding stationery paper you will want to use.
- One of the top choices for wedding invitations is the Linen Finish. This has a somewhat grainy surface.
- Marbled paper is decorative with swirls and resembles that of true marble.
- A non-reflective opaque finish is found with Matte paper.
- Another choice used for envelopes and not the invitations themselves is Mylar. It looks like simulated foil paper which appears as shiny and metallic.
- Parchment paper which was once very popular in the scholar days of ink and quills is cloudy with yet, an airy effect.
- If you are looking for a paper that is not so traditional, you could opt for rice paper. While this paper is not technically made with rice, it is incredibly thin, elegant and beautiful.
- Vellum is a nice choice for wedding stationery paper. Having a translucent, frosty appearance, it is made from cotton and has a smooth finish.
Whichever your choice to use when creating and sending out your wedding invitations, you will want a wedding stationary paper that will last as a keepsake for years to come. Taking the time to find the right design, the best sentiment to go along with your information, date and time, and the most suitable paper will allow you to create the perfect wedding invitation for your special day.